Joseph M. Geis
Attorney at Law
Joseph M. Geis has been practicing law in California for over 16 years. He has served on the Executive Board of the Orange County Bar Association’s Trust and Estates Section and recently as the Section Chair (2011). He is also a member of the OCBA’s Elder Law Section and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
Mr. Geis volunteers as a guest lecturer to introduce law students and new members of the California Bar to the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and the Probate Court. He also spends much time in the community giving educational seminars to family, friends and caregivers of special needs children and Alzheimer’s patients through the Alzheimer’s Association as well as to nursing homes, and community centers. He has been appointed by the Orange County Probate Court as Guardian Ad Litem on conservatorship and by the family court on restraining order cases.
Prior to focusing on Elder law, Mr. Geis practiced Insurance Defense Litigation. Mr. Geis lives in Orange County and is married with 5 children, 4 sons and 1 daughter.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Elder Law & Medi-Cal Planning
- Limited Conservatorships
- Juris Doctor, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 1996
- Bachelors of Science, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 1992
- “Negotiation skills training in the law school curriculum”, Alternatives to the High Cost of Litigation Volume 16, Issue 8, pages 113–135, September 1998 – Read
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section (2011 Chairman)
- Orange County Bar Associations – Elder Law Section
- California Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Mr. Geis helped my wife and I build peace of mind into our lives for the future of our four children. He explained all of the opportunities, and options for us to protect our family, assets and hard work. I highly recommend Joe for any Estate Planning, or Guardianship legal work.